Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I'm sorry....It's been a while


WOW is all I can say for what's been going on at the Johnson household these last few months. We have had a total of 3 surgeries in a month and a half, started school for Matt, myself, and our little Jonah, and celebrated another birthday for Matt! WOW!

I ended up having to get my gullbladder removed at the end of Decemeber after months of not knowing why I had a stabbing pain in my stomach...Let me just tell you how fun that was....not! After a couple of trips to the ER during the summer and fall months, the last doctor I saw was finally smart enough to do more than just blood work on me. They did an ultra sound and found that I had a TON of gullstones. I was scheduled for surgery soon after that and on December 28th I got to experience having surgery and leaving the hospital without a baby...Kind of weird for me considering I have had 2 c-sections! Any ways, the first few weeks were really hard. They told me I wasn't allowed to pick up anything over 15lbs for the first two weeks. HAHAHA! They didn't realize I had an eight month old who was over 20lbs that wasn't about to let that happen! So, recovery for me took a bit longer than expected, but I am now back to tip top shape! Thank goodness!

Next in line was Mr. Jonah.


Poor guy has not slept well his whole life, has had a hard time breathing, and developed sticking his tongue out the last few months (No not at me and Matt, just in general). We took him to the ENT for his regular check of his tubes and his doctor informed us that his tonsils were basically touching each other and that is why he can't sleep, has a hard time breathing, and has his tongue hanging out all the time. He said he needed to get his tonsils and adnoids out ASAP. So he was scheulded the next week to do that. He did pretty well with recovery and is now sleeping SO MUCH BETTER! It was hard for me the first night after surgery because I couldn't hear him snoring. I checked on him I don't know how many times, but now it is a beautiful thing not to worry about him at night.

Following that fun time, exactly one week after Jonah got his tonsils out, Caleb got tubes put in. We took him to the ENT because the poor guy has had 4 double ear infections in the last 6 months. NOT FUN! The doctor looked in his ears and said he needed tubes now. He said they looked really bad. He got him in the next morning and the surgery went very good. The doctor told me his ears were worse then he thought. His right ear was so bad it was blistering and bleeding inside. POOR BABY! Unfortunatly, the doctor thinks that because his ears were so bad Caleb's speech and hearing development are going to be affected. He said we won't be able to tell for a little while but he had been hearing "under water" for so long his development will most likely be delayed.

On the bright side though, Caleb is now responding to his name and it's only been a week since his surgery. He is responding to a lot more nosies now so that makes us VERY happy. We love our little guy!




On happier notes, Matt and I started school at UNR. Matt is almost done and I decided to go back this semester. Matt and I are having fun though because we get to take a couple of classes together! Also, Jonah started Preschool! He LOVES it! It makes me so happy because he is ok with being away from me now! LOVE IT!
We also celebrated Matt's 27th birthday!

OLD MAN! I love him so much! He was just switched to the morning shift at work also, so after three and a half years of him being gone at night, he is now home! We have dinner together now and we are all enjoying the time as a family!
I know this was a long post but so much has been going on! I will be better about posting....I promise!
P.S. If you can't tell by my music I have become a HUGE fan of Glee! LOVE IT!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad that things are going better! Hopefully nothing 'eventful' will happen for a while:)

Meagan said...

I love you guys! I love the cute pics of the boys. Let's pray for no more sickness!!!! Hugs and kisses!

Morgan said...

Oh my goodness. I'm with Meagan, No more sickness. I'm glad that everyone is doing better. We need to get together soon. It has been too long. Let's wait till Jack gets over his cold. I would hate for you guys to get that. You know you would.

Marshall said...

Really enjoyed the update! But I am sorry you have been through SO much lately! Sheesh!