Friday, September 16, 2011

Sweet Little Emmalyn

Emmalyn Annette is finally here!

She was born August 28th, 2011 at 12:58 a.m.

She weighed 8lbs. 1oz and was 19 inches long...My SMALLEST baby yet!!!

I was so excited to finally have a little baby! Her head was tiny too :) Not like my boys!


So here is the labor story....I was getting incredibly uncomfortable and getting very mad at my doctor because at the beginning of my pregnancy he told me he didn't want me to go into labor like I did with Caleb. He said he was going to take me early. Then once it hit August he changed his mind even though I was measuring bigger than I should have been. So by the end of August I was completely done because I had been having contractions for over a month with nothing happening! So I decided to take matters into my own hands :) I made some scrambled eggs and put in an ounce and a half of Castor oil. Let me tell you THAT WORKS! Within about 3 hours my contractions were like nothing I have ever felt before. They were less than 5 minutes apart and they were VERY strong. So Matt and I went into labor and delivery and I told him if they didn't take her tonight I was going to throw a fit until this baby came out of me :) Once we got there they hooked me up to the monitors and my contractions were peaking off the charts and coming less than a minute apart. I fell in love with the on call doctor that night. He came in right as I was hooked up, watched my contractions and me for about 10 minutes, and said there is no way I was going to make it to my c-section date and he wanted to take the baby tonight. I could have kissed that man! So within a hour of getting to the hospital I was in the OR having a baby! It was fabulous!

My recovery on the other hand was far worse than the boys. I had a horrible anesthesiologist and was poked four times before my spinal took. When I woke up the next morning I had a spinal headache! HORRIBLE! I ended up having to get two blood patches in the back before the headache went away. So I got poked in the back a total 6 times! Next time I am requesting an anesthesiologist!

Any ways now onto my sweet baby girl! She is perfect! She is a very easy baby which has made my life great.

She does have acid reflux but we are working on getting her better. She is just so happy and has such a different personality and temperament then the boys did. I know this is funny but she sounded so different from the boys when I first heard her cry in the OR that my worries of having a boy come out instead of a girl totally went away!

Jonah and Caleb are both in love and always want to help. Sometimes too much but what more could I ask for?!



We are so happy this sweet little girl is here with our family. Enjoy all of the many pictures of the newest addition to our family!

Grandpa and Grandma Martindale. Little Miss Emmalyn's namesake Grandma Annette :)

3 comments:

karlamsmith said...

she's beautiful jen! so glad you got a little girl!

Karrasch Clique said...

She is gorgeous! Congrats on you little baby girl! And you boys are looking so BIG! :)

heatlight said...

So cute!! Gotta love all those headbands! :)