Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My son steals food!

Today, while all the babies were sleeping (I now watch 2 little babies during the day....Lots of work but very fun!) including my son, I decided that I would treat myself to a yummy mint chocolate drumstick. They are my weakness. I love them! So, of course, right when I open the package and take my first lick, I hear Jonah say over the baby monitor, "Mommy! All done! Get out!" UGH! Right at my first moments peace! So, without thinking about it I set my ice cream on a paper towel on the table and go and get Jonah out of bed. I changed his diaper and let him run free, and within the 15 seconds that it took him to run from his room out to the living room, he got onto the couch, crawled over to the table, and had chocolate ALL OVER his face!

I walked over to him and said, "You took my ice cream! Can mommy have a bite?" He smiled and said "No! Yummy!"

He sat there and ate the WHOLE CONE! That's what I get though for leaving my ice cream out for little fingers!

7 comments:

heatlight said...

woo hahaha! Looks very tasty! You know, my parents used to wait until we were in bed for the night to break out the ice cream. Bet you had a hard time being mad with a face like that!

Hunt Family said...

Jen I am so proud of you that you took a picture of Jonah with chocolate all over his face. What a cutie and those eyes of his pop even more when he is covered in chocolate. I am sorry that you didn't get to enjoy the ice cream. I think that our kids have little radars on them so that they know when we are just about ready to relax. Good times!!

Meagan said...

What a funny baby! He knows what the good stuff is! I can't believe that he is already almost 2! It seems like just yesterday that he was that little chunky monkey. I love that boy to pieces!

JKThomas said...

He is so cute! And that ice cream looks really yummy. Maddy is enjoying Jonah's company and I think she has a little crush on him!

Amber said...

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog! I'm happy to hear our boys get along in nursery! I think your little Jonah is an absolute doll!! If you are free tomorrow morning...I have been informed by Emily Marshall that there is a play date planned for tomorrow morning at 1o at the park on Robb Drive. You should come if you are free!

Haas Family said...

That is way to funny and cute i love them too. How are you guys where are you living.
Lanie

Johnsons Away said...

He is too cute. I can't believe how much he looks like Matt in those pictures. I hope you got another ice cream for you :) I miss you guys already.