Monday, September 22, 2008

My Sweet Little Baby

If any one hasn't heard yet, my poor baby boy was back in the hospital this past Thursday for Rota Virus. He was hospitalized just four and half months ago for the same thing! My little guy just can't seem to catch a break!

He woke up on Tuesday morning throwing up and having LOTS of yucky diapers and so Matt and I both agreed that we wouldn't wait this time like we did last time. We took him straight to the doctor and he said we just need to give him some time to see if he would get over it.

Well, he didn't. It just got worse. So, they put him in Saint Mary's for about 3 days to hydrate him with IV fluids. It is amazing how quickly that helps to get him better.

We got home on Saturday afternoon, and he is doing better. He lost about four or five pounds (better than last time! He lost seven!) but he is starting to get his appetite back and is drinking much better.

I don't understand this! I hate seeing my poor little guy so sick when there is nothing that I can do for him! It just breaks my heart! The doctor said that after two or three times of children getting Rota Virus, their body starts to build up an immunity to it! I sure hope so! I will keep my fingers crossed!

5 comments:

Meagan said...

Hey Jen. i am so glad that Jonah is getting better. It is the worst thing when your child is sick and all you can do is just wait it out. You feel so helpless as a mother. But I am relieved that he is on the up and up. Brayden made something for Jonah, so maybe we can stop by sometime this week. Be sure to give him big kisses from us. Talk to you later.

heatlight said...

I feel soo bad for you guys!! I'm glad to hear you all are home. That poor little guy! Hopefully you all can get some rest! Call me if you need anything!

Johnsons Away said...

I am so glad that you are home and he is doing better. It is so difficult to see your baby that way. We love you and miss you.

Taneil said...

I am so sorry to hear that he is sick! I really hope he starts feeling better soon!

Boyack Family said...

It soo hard when the little ones are sick, and worse yet being hospitalized - you poor thing! I hope his little body builds all the little warriors it needs to fight and conquer. Love you guys!
Natalie