Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Baby has a FANTASTIC Shot!

WARNING: For those who don't like too much information....don't read this post! My poor baby Caleb has had trouble pooping all of his 11 weeks of life.
:( We took him to the doctor a few weeks ago and they told us to try some dark karo syrup in his bottles for two weeks and if that didn't work to call back. Well, long story short it didn't work. We called the doctor yesterday and they told us he was going to need a barium enema! MY POOR BABY!
Today we took him to get the procedure and thank goodness Matt came with me because I would not have been any help holding my sweet boy down! Any ways, while they were doing the procedure Caleb was so backed up from not being able to go poop, that all of the liquid they were trying to put inside of him was coming right back out. With all of the action going on in his bum, I guess you could say it popped the cork and everything came shooting out.....Literally!
There were 2 technicians there with Matt. Matt was holding his head, one technician was holding his little bum and the other was standing at the end of the table. The poor girl at the end of the table (she was just observing because she was a student....I don't know if she wants to come back now!) got shot with poop in her EYE! That's right! I know! Pretty bad! In her eye of all places! Talk about distance!
Because of that unfortunate situation, Caleb then had to get blood drawn because something from inside his body got into someone else's body, and they wanted to make sure Caleb didn't have any type of disease he would pass on to her! Not only did my poor baby get violated, he got poked all in the same day!

Here is my sweet baby trying to get some rest after his traumatic day!

On a lighter note, we are still having a great summer! Jonah has been having tons of fun at the pool still and so has Caleb! Right now we are enjoying lots of time with Daddy! He is on vacation from work so we actually get to see him at night now! It's lots of fun! Here are some happier pictures of whats been going on!

Caleb and Jonah playing on the floor!

Jonah eating a cupcake at the pool!


Caleb's favorite position! He loves to look upside down!

Well, hopefully our next post will be a little bit happier!

5 comments:

JKThomas said...

Wow- that takes some serious skill. But at the same time- Yuck! Poor baby Caleb. We hope he is now feeling better because he is so darn cute!

heatlight said...

Well, I'm glad everything came out alright! So did that fix the problem?
Max looked at Caleb's picture and said, "Cahwly" I'm pretty sure that's his pet name for him.

Marshall said...

Haha. That had me laughing. I know it was traumatic, but it sounds like it would be funny to watch from the outside looking in ;). I am glad he is doing better. Caleb looks like a little Matt!

Morgan said...

POOR CALEB!!! I am so soory you had to go through that. What a day! At least you got a good story out of it. I hope everything gets easier for Caleb. Cute little guy. Miss you!

Johnsons Away said...

I'm sorry, but that is too funny, I just laughed. But I'm sorry little Caleb was violated and stuck, that is NO fun.